After the turkey and stuffing have been devoured, everyone's sharing the same thoughts, that they simply can't fit in another bite. However, there's always room for dessert! Rather than a predictable calorie loaded pumpkin pie, why not try a healthier dessert? Seniors will appreciate an option that benefits their overall health and dietary guidelines. Take a look at some low-calorie and healthier alternatives to have after your Thanksgiving feast this year!
Pecan Pie Cookie Dough Balls
You can make these babies easily in just minutes, plus there's no baking required. They're low-calorie, gluten-free, and packed with a ton of natural flavors!
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup pitted dates
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pure vanilla
Optional: Chocolate chips
1. Combine all ingredients into a crumbly dough using a food processor or Magic Bullet.
2. Pour dough into a bag and smash to make a giant ball.
3. Remove from bag and make little balls, or create shapes such as turkeys or leaves from cookie-cutters.
Here's the recipe.
Healthy Caramel Yogurt Dip
Nothing says fall like caramel. This delicious dip is light, thick, creamy, and pairs perfect with apples!
1 container plain yogurt
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients except the yogurt and vanilla into a small saucepan, stirring continuously on low-heat until the brown sugar dissolves.
2. Turn off the heat and stir in the yogurt and vanilla extract.
3. Allow to cool before serving. Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
4. Serve with fresh-cut apples!
Tip: If you let the dip sit in the fridge overnight, it will get thicker.
Check out the recipe here.
At Caring Senior Service, our expert staff is comprised of extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and trusted professionals who take pride in helping your loved one manage their daily activities. Contact us today to learn more!